To celebrate the end of our Chocolate Origin blog series, we wanted to share with you a delicious recipe perfect for the summer season that uses our Candied Cocoa Nibs. We like to think of them as tiny chocolate powerhouses created by fermenting, drying, roasting and crushing cacao beans that we then pan-candy in very limited batches. The resulting intense chocolate crunch is the perfect on a salad. We hope you enjoy this recipe from our kitchen to yours!
Summer Citrus Salad with Candied Cocoa Nibs
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1 orange (peeled and sectioned)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon candied cocoa nibs
- 4 cups baby spinach (or your favorite greens)
- Citrus Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Combine first 5 ingredients and toss with vinaigrette to your liking.
Citrus Vinaigrette (adapted from Bon Appetit)
Makes ¾ cup.
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake well to blend.
We hope you enjoy the salad as much as we did. And, don't forget the best ingredient!